AIMP is a powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality. Its appearance resembles that of another classical audio player (Winamp).
The program includes a 18-band equalizer, a visualization window to display rhythmic visual effects and a playlist editor to organize your audio files. A nice fading effect makes your list of songs look like an endless music loop and a handy volume normalizing feature avoids drastic volume changes between tracks. Also, the players main functions can be conveniently controlled by global hotkeys.
Besides playing music, AIMP features three extra utilities which also enable you to record any sound on your computer, convert audio files from one format to another and view or edit tags. AIMP is based on the well-known audio engine BASS, so its easy to connect new plug-ins (from the plug-in library included in the program) and expand the players functionality.
Whats new in v4.50 in comparing with v4.13?
- Common: support for 4K monitors
- Common: support for monitors with different DPI
- Audio Converter: an ability to close the app automatically after conversion
- Audio Converter: the statistics are now shown after conversion (optional)
- Music Library: Table – an ability to customize list of fields for grouping
- Music Library: Table – an ability to customize list of fields that used for group details
- Music Library: an ability to quick access to the "reset column filter" commands via context menu of filter button
- Music Library: an ability to reset stats for selected files only
- Music Library: an ability to size group details area in default skin
- Music Library: column customization menu no longer closes after the click
- Music Library: new DB engine that improved performance by 10 times
- Music Library: the Lyricist, Mood, Conductor and Comment columns have been added
- Player: decoders for the WebM and Matroska Audio formats have been added
- Player: support for MKA, AA3, AT3, OMA, YouTube file formats
- Player: support for lyrics in the .LRC and .SRT file formats (skin must support lyrics too)
- Player: the "jump 5 sec back on start if playback is paused for more than 15 seconds" option has been added
- Player: the "jump to next track on deleting playing file from playlist" option has been added
- Player: the "restore playback position for each playlist" option has been added
- Tag Editor: an ability to download lyrics from the Internet (additional plugins are required)
- Tag Editor: the Lyricist, Mood, Conductor, Catalog, Compilation, ISRC, Rating and Encoder tag fields have been added
- Skin Engine: potential abilities have been extended
Changes in AIMP 4.50.2042:
- Localizations and 3rd party libraries have been updated
- Fixed: Playlists – changing the read only setting does not take any effect if playlist was not yet loaded
- Fixed: Lyrics – the LRC file format parser processes some brackets incorrectly
- Small bugs and defects were fixed
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware