With focused visual tools and preprocessor support, Brackets is a modern text editor that makes it easy to design in the browser. It's crafted from the ground up for web designers and front-end developers.
What makes Brackets different from other web code editors?
- Tools shouldn't get in your way. Instead of cluttering up your coding environment with lots of panels and icons, the Quick Edit UI in Brackets puts context-specific code and tools inline.
- Brackets is in sync with your browser. With Live Preview, Brackets works directly with your browser to push code edits instantly and jump back and forth between your real source code and the browser view.
Brackets 1.12 changelog:
- Functionality in JS mode to enable intelligent rename in file/scope feature by using Tern's scope analysis and inference functions.The rename function works by selecting a variable def/ref or placing cursor in and using Ctrl+R.
Wrap Selection in Try Catch/Condition
- Wraps selected code in try catch block. This functionality can be used by placing cursor without any explicit selection where Brackets identifies the statement scope and wraps it in try catch block.
Convert to arrow expression
- One click conversion of anonymous expression/function block to arrow expression.
- Creates getters/setters for currently active identifier in context of a class/construct.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware