Paint.NET is an image and photo manipulation application. Every feature and user interface element was designed to be immediately intuitive and quickly learnable without assistance. In order to handle multiple images easily, Paint.NET uses a tabbed document interface. The tabs display a live thumbnail of the image instead of a text description. This makes navigation very simple and fast.
Usually only found on expensive or complicated professional software, layers form the basis for a rich image composition experience. You may think of them as a stack of transparency slides that, when viewed together at the same time, form one image.
Many special effects are included for enhancing and perfecting your images. Everything from blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise, and embossing are included. Also included is our unique 3D Rotate/Zoom effect that makes it very easy to add perspective and tilting.
Adjustments are also included which help you tweak an image's brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia-toned.
Paint.NET 4.0.20 changelog:
- New: Dark Theme support
- New: .NET Framework 4.7 is now required, and will be automatically installed if needed
- New: Explorer thumbnails are now supported for TGA and DDS file types
- Fixed and Improved: High-DPI support throughout the application
- Fixed: Color Picker tool was not always honoring the "Switch to previous tool" setting
- Fixed the arrow keys not working properly until the second shape (or line/curve) was drawn.
- Fixed the zoom slider being "wiggly" while being dragged around
- Fixed a glitch with the mouse cursor (resize handle) at the lower-left corner of the main window
- Fixed a crash in the Shape tool renderer (BadNumberException via ID2D1Geometry::GetWidenedBounds)
- Fixed a hang in the Frosted Glass effect
- Fixed a hang in the Levels adjustment
- Fixed a rendering issue in the Move Selected Pixels tool
- Fixed: Canvas now processes WM_MOUSEHWHEEL, which was preventing some horizontal mouse wheels and trackpad swipe gestures from working properly
- Fixed: Plugins will no longer completely crash the app on Windows 10 S (note, however, that plugins other than custom Shapes do not work on Windows 10 S)
- Fixed: a data loss bug when saving very large images (greater than 4GB).
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware