Pale Moon is an Open Source, Goanna-based web browser available for Microsoft Windows, Linux and Android, focusing on efficiency and ease of use. Make sure to get the most out of your browser!
Pale Moon offers you a browsing experience in a browser completely built from its own, independently developed source that has been forked off from Firefox/Mozilla code, with carefully selected features and optimizations to improve the browsers speed, resource use, stability and user experience, while offering full customization and a growing collection of extensions and themes to make the browser truly your own.
- Optimized for modern processors
- Based on proprietary optimized layout engine (Goanna)
- Safe: forked from mature Mozilla code and regularly updated
- Secure: Additional security features and security-aware development
- Supported by our user community, and fully non-profit
- Familiar, efficient, fully customizable interface
- Support for full themes: total freedom over any elements design
- Support for easily-created lightweight themes (skins)
- Smooth and speedy page drawing and script processing
- Increased stability: experience fewer browser crashes
- Support for many Firefox extensions
- Support for a growing number of Pale Moon exclusive extensions
- Extensive and growing support for HTML5 and CSS3
- Many customization and configuration options
Pale Moon 27.6.2 changelog:
- Implemented the concept of so-called "cookie-averse document objects" which is a security&privacy measure that blocks certain web content from setting cookies. This mitigates cookie-injection, which might help against "hidden" cookie tracking.
- Mitigated some domain name spoofing through IDN by using dotless-i and dotless-j with accents. (CVE-2017-7832)
- Pale Moon will display these kinds of spoofed domains in punycode now in the actual address bar.
- Please note that the identity panel will always be able to help you on secure sites when IDNs are in use to notice potential spoofing, as opposed to relying on detection algorithms in the URL itself. As such, some other issues like CVE-2017-7833 are already mitigated by us.
- Fixed an issue with mixed-content blocking. (CVE-2017-7835)
- Added an extra check for the correct signature data type on certificates.
- Added missing sanitization in exporting bookmarks to HTML. (CVE-2017-7840)
- Fixed several crashes and memory safety hazards.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware