SunsetScreen helps take the glare off your screen in the evening. Scientific research has shown that melatonin – the chemical the brain makes late in the day – is reduced when exposed to blue light. By tempering this blue light, it becomes easier to wind down properly at night, and thus have a more restful sleep. Whether you're a morning lark or night owl, SunsetScreen allows you to set the time of the sunset and sunrise, so you can have full control over your sleep cycle.
- Set the sunset time precisely.
- Set the sunrise time too.
- Choose by colour temperature or by HSB for a precise colour.
- Transition from one phase to the other gradually.
- Automatically resides in the tray so it keeps out of your way.
- Loads automatically at Windows startup if you wish.
- Instantly turn off SunsetScreen if you need to do colour sensitive work.
- Choose from a range of presets, and reset to default if things go wonky.
- Small, fast, elegant and easy to use interface in less than a megabyte.
- Isn't patent pending unlike something beginning with 'F'
Changes in SunsetScreen 1.28:
- Startup alternative made simpler. No default install now, just the portable executable.